2x1x1m Zinc-Aluminum Wire 2.7mm Woven Gabion Bakset Protect River
Bank from Erosion Control
Gabion Wires Box are made of heavy galvanized wire / ZnAl (Galfan)
coated wire / PVC coated wires, the mesh shape is hexagonal style.
The Gabion Basket are used widely in slope protection, foundation
pit supporting, mountain rock holding, river and dams scour
Gabion retaining walls are wire structures similar in fashion to
large baskets. These wire meshes are filled with rock and masonry
to form large blocks. These make ideal retaining walls or linings
for channels. They also have the advantage of being highly rugged
and cheap to design and build. They are ideal in large areas that
need buttressing. Gabion walls can be any size but they are
particularly useful for homeowners to help prevent the erosion of
slopes and lining culverts. Though installing gabion retaining
walls is time-consuming and labor-intensive, there is nothing
particularly complicated about it.
Gabion Technical Parameter:
|Min. Zinc coating(g/m2)||215||230||230||245||255||265||275|
Advantages of Gabions
- Exemplary modularity and ability to stack in various sizes and
- Gabion structures are capable of resisting any types of stresses,
bending, tensile and shear.
- Gabion structures can accommodate differential settlements without
disturbing the structural integrity.
- The permeability characteristics of Gabion structures eliminate the
problems caused in RCC structures, such as soil instability, water
logged backfills/foundation etc.
- Gabion and gabion mattresses are backed with well documented
research and certifications concerning durability of the structure
Applications / Uses of Gabions :
Gabions have been around for over a hundred years and have a wide
range of applications and new ones are continually being found. We
have listed below the most common applications to date,
manufactured using either woven double twisted or welded square
- Control or guide river or flood.
- Retain structure.
- Protect roadway or bridge.
- Protect river bank or dam.
- Pave channel in the river.
- Be as gravity retaining wall.
- Be as highway embankments.
- Prevent rock breaking.
- Protect water and soil.
- Building construction.
- Steep hill stability.
- Building stability.
- Bridge protection.
- Erosion control.Drainage.